This sold out event can now be watched and shared.
Jimmy Carbone, host of the internet radio show "Beer Sessions" and co-founder of July Good Beer Month, leads a lively discussion about the storied history of local breweries in New York City; economic and political challenges facing small breweries in New York State; and beer vs. wine.
Food Will Win the War and Astoria Boulevard from this year’s Battle of the Boroughs provided the music for an evening of conversation, consumption and celebration.
The Greene Space video team captured a behind-the-scenes look at the local beer brewing process.
Watch the entire event in The Greene Space below.
- Robin Ottaway, Co-Owner, Brooklyn Brewery
- Jeff Gorlechen, Sixpoint Craft Ales
- Kelly Taylor, brewer, Kelso Brewery
- Rachel Wharton, deputy editor, Edible Brooklyn; host, NY1’s “Let’s Eat”
- Erica Shea and Stephen Valand, founders, Brooklyn Brew Shop
A selection of NYC craft beers and appetizers from local restaurants will be served.
Steve and Erica from Brooklyn Brew Shop will demonstrate their homebrew kit and provide samples of malt for the audience.