2015: A Celebration Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Friday, January 16, 2015
A variety of artists came together on our stage January 15th to demonstrate and discuss the ways in which social and civil rights movements can be expressed, pursued, and propelled through the arts and performance.
From spoken word to dance, performers showcased the role of movement in activism with works influenced and inspired by the legacy of Dr. King.
- Dister – Dancer, Choreographer, and Visual Artist
- Liza Jessie Peterson – Poet/Actress
- Dancers from Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company
- Anjali and Ariya Blow – 6th and 7th grade girls oratorical tribute to Dr. King
- DJ Natasha Diggs
- Morley - Jazz, Folk and Soul musician
- Khorikos - NYC-based a capella ensemble
- Batala - International samba drumming music group
- Maya Azucena – Singer-Activist
- Bethany and Rufus and Peter Yarrow (of Peter Paul and Mary)