High School Residency
Monday, June 21, 2010
Utilizing the talents of seasoned theater teaching artists, this residency focused on the history of radio drama, and how it informed the culture of the 20th century. Using examples of previous audio pieces (including the work of Tom Stoppard) students were encouraged to collaborate and produce their own examples of audio theater, taking into account their experiences in this new century.
Explore the curriculum documents for each week by clicking on the pdfs below.
- Introduction to Audio Theater Residency
- Character and Empowering the Voice
- Soundscape - The Aural Environment
- Themes and Improvisation
- Building Our Radio Drama
- Refining the Drama - Character and Sound Definition
- The Element of Time
- Microphone Check
- Putting It All Together
- Radio Drama for the 21st Century