Welcome to New York Public Radio’s Community Advisory Board!
We’re a volunteer-powered advisory group of radio lovers supporting the future of New York Public Radio.
Be heard! Our town hall-style meetings are a rare chance to share feedback that gets funneled directly to the station and speak with those reporting stories, expanding digitally, and driving fundraising.
Recruitment for the new CAB members is open!
Please apply by April 1 via our safe and secure form here. Nominees are chosen by a CAB committee and approved by the Board of Trustees.
Our Mission: We Listen to Those Who Listen.
- Our mission: advise NYPR of what the listenership is thinking and feeling.
- We are the only in-person forum to share feedback with the stations.
- We do not exercise control over management or policy and can’t make statements on behalf of NYPR. We listen.
About the CAB
- Meetings are town hall-style — part conversation with a guest, part feedback session.
- We’re 25 volunteers, representing different boroughs, backgrounds, ages, and professions.
- Each CAB term is 3 years.
- We meet monthly with the exception of July, August, December, and February.