Beginning in 2001, Yo La Tengo have spent most Hanukkahs performing 8 nights of sold out benefit shows across the festival of lights. These wonderful evenings had their inception at Maxwell’s in their former hometown of Hoboken before moving to The Bowery Ballroom in downtown Manhattan. As if Ira, Georgia and James weren’t enough, their surprise guests have included John Oliver, Ray Davies, David Byrne, Syl Johnson, Sarah Silverman, Lucinda Williams, and Graham Nash.
We cannot come together in person this year, but for just one night, you’re invited to join us online for a less-frills, stripped-down Hanukkah concert streamed live from The Greene Space’s Lower Manhattan studio. We’ll be keeping two decades of tradition alive with a three-hour performance featuring the classic format of an opening act, a comedian, and then a set by Yo La Tengo. As always, proceeds from the concert will be donated to charity.
Please join us for this one night stand!
****This is a live concert from 8 to 11 pm ET on Friday, December 18, 2020. We will be offering encore streams on Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 7 am ET, 1 pm ET and 8 pm ET (post-sundown). Click HERE to purchase a ticket for either of those streams.*****
Upon purchasing a tickets (or tickets), you will receive an order confirmation email. On the day of the event, 15 min prior to the event start time, another email with the link to the live stream will be sent to you. If you are not getting any of these emails, PLEASE CONTACT US AT THEGREENESPACE@NYPUBLICRADIO.ORG. No archival video will be available for this event.
- We encourage you to test your connection in advance of the show time.
- Be on time and be ready to experience the show as it happens!
- This show is LIVE and you will not be able to rewind it, fast forward it, or access the video on demand after the stream ends.
- The show will stream on Vimeo. Here are the site’s tips for how to watch Vimeo on your computer and TV.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.