Join us for an event dedicated to the ways in which social and civil rights movements can be expressed, pursued, and propelled through the arts and performance.
Through live performances and lively conversation, we will explore the role of movement in activism during a celebration with a range of artists whose work has been influenced and inspired by the legacy of Dr. King.
Watch a live video webcast beginning at 7pm ET:
- Dister – Dancer, Choreographer, and Visual Artist
- Liza Jessie Peterson – Poet/Actress
- Dancers from Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company
- Anjali and Ariya Blow – 6th and 7th grade girls oratorical tribute to Dr. King
- DJ Natasha Diggs
- Morley - Jazz, Folk and Soul musician
- Khorikos - NYC-based a capella ensemble
- Batala - International samba drumming music group
- Maya Azucena – Singer-Activist
- Bethany and Rufus and Peter Yarrow (of Peter Paul and Mary)