The Trans Response to Coronavirus: Taking Action'Lives at Stake: Imara Jones in Residence'
Originally Aired: Tuesday, March 31
Photo courtesy of the host
Journalist-in-Residence Imara Jones begins her residency on International Transgender Day of Visibility with a program focused on how the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus is affecting transgender and gender non-conforming people in the U.S.
Guests and topics include:
- Indya Moore (actor, POSE and Queen & Slim) shares their experience raising money for vulnerable communities on Instagram
- Ianne Fields Stewart, Founder of The Okra Project, who will discuss food security amongst TGNC people and how COVID-19 has created new challenges
- Bev Tillery, executive director of the Anti-Violence Project, who will report on intimate partner violence in this time of isolation and social distancing
- Meredith Talusan, writer and former editor of Them/US, who will discuss their memoir, Fairest
- Micky Bradford, national organizer at the Transgender Law Center, who will talk about the centrality of leadership from trans women of color as we move forward in this public health crisis
- Plus, Xoai Pham will recite her poem, Girls.